Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Jumping Through Hoops and Missing the '70s

"Turn your face to the sun and the shadows fall behind you."  Maori proverb  

I'm stressing out . . . I have to deliver cupcakes and read "The Lorax" by Dr. Seuss to 25 third graders this morning.  The darling daughter is Star of the Week this week, and she's loving it.  Today is her turn to bring a treat (the cupcakes) and have a parent come to class and either read a book or share a special talent with the class.  Since the third graders wouldn't be interested in learning shorthand (a lost art if there ever was one), baton twirling (another dying art form), or how I can speak pig latin like nobody's business, I'm going to read a book to celebrate Dr. Seuss's birthday and hopefully communicate the need to save our environment.  

This whole thing caused me to think back to my grade school years.  What a simpler time.  Here's a little video I found of a song that will forever remind me of the '70s and a sunny summer day.  Enjoy!

"Those laughing lighthearted tunes, oh, sometimes they turn to blues.  So tell yourself a joke or two 'cause everyday invites you to find your place in the sun."  Lyrics from "Find Your Place in the Sun" by Pablo Cruise  




No comments:

Post a Comment