Friday, July 18, 2008

Superhero

"Whatever you do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius and power and magic in it." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe


I have a five-year-old son.

He is a cowboy.


He is a combination of Spiderman, Darth Vader and Jack Sparrow.


He dances in the outfield.


He possesses the most adventuresome spirit I have ever known. He meets life head-on. He celebrates every emotion he feels whenever he feels it. He has a passion for life that I have never seen before. He can light up a room with the twinkle in his eyes. He is simply a joy to be around.

I believe he was sent to me for a reason. He connects me with a part of myself that I have always tried to suppress - the part that wants to be bold and unafraid of failing. The part that can simply let go of every care and worry and just be alive.

But most of all, I believe he was sent to teach me that my heart is capable of holding more love than I had ever thought possible.

"A boy is Truth with dirt on it's face,
Beauty with a cut on its finger,
Wisdom with bubble gum in its hair,
and the Hope of the future with a frog in its pocket"
Author Unknown

1 comment:

  1. Have you ever considered becoming a writer? You write the most beauthiful things. Jeff Shannon must have had a tremendous influence on you. Such a beautiful son, truly a gift from God.

    ReplyDelete