Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Right Now

I saw this today on one of the blogs I read, and I thought it was worth taking a minute to write out my thoughts.  

Right now, I am:

Feeling:  A bit tired.  I got up at 5:30 am with my husband.  His work has been crazy busy lately, and he puts in long hours.  If I want to have a conversation with him without constant interruption from the kids, early morning is the best time to have it.  

Enjoying:  The fall colors from my deck - yellow, brown, red, green, all fluttering gently to the ground.  

Wondering:  What to get the kids for Christmas this year.  Some toys are hits, some are misses.  Maybe I should get them some empty cardboard boxes.  They play with those for hours.  

Listening:  To the wind outside, the hum of the refrigerator, my cat snoring.  

Drinking:  The last of my Gevalia Hazelnut coffee given to me by a good friend as a going-away gift when I left work last December.  Thanks Karen!  

Wanting:  Another bite of my chocolate mint Pria Power Bar.  Goes good with coffee.  Yum!

Loving:  A little yellow sunray coreopsis that my son picked me from the garden this morning.  

Looking:  Outside at my fuschia wave petunias in their hanging pots.  They are shaking in the cold breeze determined to show their colors until the bitter end.  I love and admire tenacity.  

I hope you are enjoying your "right now" wherever you are.  

No comments:

Post a Comment