Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Sorry Just Doesn't Mean What It Used To

All of this summer togetherness is starting to take its toll. My darling daughter said something snarky to her brother today. He replied by hitting her. When I got him under control, I told him to apologize to his sister for hitting her. He took a deep breath and through gritted teeth said, "I'm sorry I've got such a stupid sister!"

I knew I couldn't help smiling, so I faked a cough and sequestered myself in the bathroom until I got myself under control.

I'm at the end of my rope, but I've tied a knot, and I'm hanging on for dear life.

Say prayers for me!

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhhh. Don't panic Sis but the teen years are still ahead of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, hohoho! Kids -- ya gotta love 'em!

    Grandma H

    ReplyDelete
  3. School starts here on 9/1/09. Have you seen the commercial with the song, "It's the most wonderful time of the year" and the parent pushing a cart skipping down the aisle. The kids give him/her (can't remember) an evil look. The most priceless back to school commercial yet. I'm not sure if it is Office Depot or Staples, but it is great. Keep thinking school's starting.

    ReplyDelete