Saturday, February 28, 2009

We're Not Going to Guam, Are We?

Does anyone else watch "Lost"?  I had resisted up until last season, and my husband finally brought me up-to-date with this really weirdly addictive show.  Now that the Oceanic 6 are making their way back to the island, I'm thinking that Kate is probably pregnant and will have to leave the island since we all know that, unless a pregnancy is very far along (like Claire's was), no woman can carry a pregnancy to term on the island.  They'll spend all next season trying to get off the island again.  Anyway, when the pilot spoke the line that is the caption for this blog post, I got a chuckle out of it.  The show has some excellent writers.  I like the way they can be very subtly humorous.   

I never used to have very much time for TV.  However, I have always been a fan of "American Idol" (Go Kris Allen!) and "Grey's Anatomy" - though I'm getting very frustrated with the writing on that show.  I may have to start watching Patrick Dempsey with the sound off.  There is "Desperate Housewives", naturally.  And I'm very fond of two shows on the Biography channel.  First, "Shatner's Raw Nerve" is a talk show hosted by none other than William Shatner.  The man is my idol.  He's so unintentionally amusing.  And, I still love him because he was Captain Kirk - my very first crush.  I waive my geek flag proudly.  The second show is "The Chris Isaak Hour" and just debuted last Thursday.  Chris Isaak, who is funny as hell, interviews a different music performer each week.  He goes into how they got started in the music business and unearths all kinds of things about them.  They perform with Chris, and I find the whole thing very interesting.  

Blogging about TV shows is sad, but there's just not a lot to do here in the dead of winter.  And Tivo is an enabler.  You can watch anything you want at any time you want, and you don't have to waste time with commercials.  

Anyone else like these shows?  Represent and leave a comment.  

1 comment:

  1. Ummmm. OK> I watch Snapped, Oxegyn, Idol (sometimes) Dancing With The Stars, The History Channel, Movies.

    ReplyDelete