Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Alone Again, Naturally

Today is the start of a brand new school year. And while I've looked forward to this day for about two and a half months now, I'm not feeling as jubilant as I thought I would. The peace and quiet I had craved almost seems deafening. And I can't remember all the things I felt needed to be done when the kids were in school and I would have all the time in the world to do them. It's just me and a snoring cat.

On the bright side, I'm going to save a lot of money by not drinking Kahlua for breakfast to get me through the day full of kids arguing and yelling and hitting each other.

Here's a little blast from the past. A song so sweet and sad that it remains in my memory from childhood. They don't make songs like this anymore. A gift from me to you on a beautiful late summer day that I will spend trying to cope with all the quietness.



">

1 comment: