Saturday, September 20, 2008

Canary in a Coalmine

"First to fall over when the atmosphere is less than perfect. Your sensibilities are shaken by the slightest defect. You live your life like a canary in a coalmine. You get so dizzy even walking in a straight line." "Canary in a Coalmine" by The Police

This is how I feel today.

I'm spending more and more time at home; and the more time I spend here, the more I just want to stay inside away from everything and everyone. This is not like me at all. I was always one to go places - even if I was alone.

When I got married, I moved away from all my family and friends and didn't have a job. I would get all dressed up and go to a mall just to interact with people. Needless to say, you meet a ton of freaks this way, but at least they were interesting.

When I was home on maternity leave with my son, it was the dead of winter. I would wait for the mailman and then run out and talk to him just to have someone to talk to. I'm sure he thought I was a complete nut job.

So, when I just want to be home staring at the walls, it is a bit disconcerting. Hopefully, this is just a passing "blue funk" and I'm not becoming some weird hermit who sits in a corner and eats her own hair.

I'll check back in when I'm feeling more social . . .

1 comment:

  1. Although I can totally relate you this message I would say, Snap out of it! Ii think you need to pay me a visit here in Tejas!

    ReplyDelete