Thursday, December 18, 2008

Hating This . . .

I was doing my usual volunteering in the kindergarten classroom this afternoon, and then I stayed and watched the afternoon performance of my son's Christmas concert.  

Usually, Joe is very excited to see me on Thursday afternoons.  Today, he was busy talking with a little girl named Michelle who sits across the table from him in class.  I have been hearing a lot about Michelle lately.  She is a lovely, bright-eyed and personable little girl who smiles all the time.  I observed a certain dynamic going on between the two of them.  There was much goofy behavior from my son along with side-long glances at Michelle.  There was eye-batting, coy smiling, laughing and hair flipping from Michelle.  She came up to me and told me that Joe is so funny and Joe is so nice.  I watched the two of them work on an art project together with Joe continuing to be goofy, and Michelle working the hair flip.  

During the concert, they were whispering together and smiling and laughing.  My son was totally absorbed in this little kindergarten harlot.  And I am jealous.  

I have seen the future.  I know one things for sure:  I will be the mother-in-law from Hell some day.  

At least she's a brunette.  I'm going to go cry in a corner now.  

No comments:

Post a Comment