Saturday, December 20, 2008

What a Difference a Year Makes

A year ago, I was a deeply unhappy person.  On one of my last days of work, I sent the following email to family and friends.  I have to laugh when I read it - obviously my sense of humor has gotten me through the bad times in life.  Just thought I'd share.  

"On my commute in to work this morning, I realized that the ending to "It's a Wonderful Life" was probably not going to be a happy one - even if George Bailey was the "richest man in town" and not a failure because he had friends.  If you think about it, if there were 150 people there donating
money to him, they would've each had to give about $53 to raise the $8,000 that he was short.  I guess it could've happened, but back then that was a lot of money for middle-class people.

I like to think that Uncle Billy would've finally remembered that the money was in the paper that he gave to Mr. Potter, and word would've spread through the town and a mob with torches would've terrorized Potter until he gave the money back to George.  Of course, knowing Potter, he was probably one of these gun-toting, self-rightgeous a**holes who would've started shooting into the crowd of townspeople.

There you go - an alternate killing spree ending. 

I'm not well."


No comments:

Post a Comment