Saturday, August 14, 2010

25 More Things You Don't Know About Me

My last post got me to thinking about what an oddball I really am, and a friend of mine emailed and mentioned a few unusual things that I totally forgot about. I'm finding this introspection oddly cathartic, so I thought I'd put out another list:

25 More Things You Don't Know About Me:

1) I am developing clostrophobia more and more with each passing year. I had a panic attack not long ago when I crawled under a bed to get something I had stored there.

2) I once rode in an elevator with Bryan Adams just before he became a successful artist.

3) I like to lie down on my deck and look up at the blue sky and think.

4) I intentionally play dumb to irritate people.

5) I have only had one job that I truly loved, and, unfortunately, I wasn't there very long.

6) I had a "bucket list" years before the movie made them popular.

7) I think Cher is cooler than Madonna and Lady Gaga put together.

8) My dream is to own a yarn shop.

9) My other dream is to be a backup singer for Kid Rock.

10) Josh Holloway makes me weak in the knees.

11) I know how to sew, but somehow none of my sewing projects ever turned out.

12) I loved it when my kids were babies.

13) I am fearless when I become angry. Much like the Incredible Hulk, only not green. And I'm loud when I'm angry.

14) Whenever I go to a concert, I stare at the stage and wish I could feel what it is like to have the talent to stand up there and entertain people.

15) I used to perform ballet en pointe. I still have my toe shoes.

16) I am a helluva baton twirler. A lost art if ever there was one.

17) I have been afraid to walk outside in the dark since I saw "I Am Legend" awhile back. There might just be zombies in that big pine tree . . .

18) I can sing "Can't Help Lovin' Dat Man" from Showboat.

19) I make fantastic omelettes.

20) I often have epic cooking disasters.

21) I can't swim.

22) I sing and dance when I vacuum.

23) I think my husband is one of the smartest men I've ever met, and not just because he married me.

24) I believe I am clairsentient and am adept at reading people.

25) My cat and I are so tuned into each other that she wakes me up when I'm having a bad dream. Cats are so much cooler than people.


2 comments:

  1. I am totally with you on #17. That movie ruined me for any outside activity after dark!

    ReplyDelete
  2. #7-AGREE!
    #11-{sigh} How I can relate :<
    #16-I was just looking for a baton recently because I have always thought it looked fun. However, I sort of want to wait until the entire privacy fence is up before I actually start twirling :>
    #18 WE NEED TO MEET ONE DAY! teehee
    #25 That is so super AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete