Monday, August 9, 2010

School Registration Haikus

School registration was this morning. The lines weren't too long. The children were ill-behaved. I think I turned in all 5,000 forms properly filled out and signed. They gave me an additional form to be filled out by our pediatrician to allow my son to have an asthma inhaler at school. Just one more hoop to jump through.

By the time I got the lunch accounts set up and payments made, my head felt like it was ready to burst, and I was ready to run away screaming like a banshee.

This day calls for some haikus:

School registration
Forms and money fly about
How I dread this chore

School photos taken
The boy's hair won't stay in place
Alfalfa photo

Dress shirt, vest, red socks
How young boys dress for photos
Like 70's pimp

Pink argyle sweater
Angelic smile on sweet face
You don't fool your Mom

Endless wait in lines
This day calls for alcohol
Next time pack a flask

I am crabby now
Children starting to act up
Where's my padded cell?

I made these up while trying to keep my sanity in line this morning. Something about registration day with the principal present (along with all the administrative staff, some teachers and other parents) just causes my kids to go berzerk. I hate it when you leave a place and you know that they're going to talk about how naughty your kids are when you're gone. And you'd think that I would be used to that by now.

Reminder to self: There is a new guidance counselor at school this year. I'm going to have to get in touch with her to let her know why the last guidance counselor had my phone number on speed dial.


1 comment:

  1. You are hilarious! Though I know how tough that must have been, your sense of humor is awesome! Love the line next time pack a flask :>

    ReplyDelete